Pages

Mini Apple Rose Tarts

Friday 8 May 2015

Hi. I’m still here. Feeling a bit rubbish, to be perfectly honest. Last week I missed a recipe. Technically I really didn't. I cooked it, I took really nice pictures for you. It was indeed a very nice and easy one I specially baked for you all. But then, life happened, and I couldn’t publish it.

I was left without internet. 


I must admit it was quite tough at the beginning. I was not sure I could cope without internet. I spent the first day asking constantly: how has the human being survived so many years without internet? I went desperately from hotspot to hotspot, fighting with endless registration process in exchange for just a weak signal not even able to download a humble picture.

So I threw the towel. No mobile, no Facebook, no Twitter, no Pinterest… no blog. And only when I was starting to recover from the shock, I got six of one and half a dozen of the other.



Yes, life can turn difficult sometimes. And life decided to leave me without bathroom. And even worse: without kitchen. 

What is next?  WHAT?? Shall I get rid of my roof? Shall I dress up with cabbage leaves?


I have been eating tinned pasta for two weeks. You may think that’s not a great deal, but by eating tinned pasta I’ve broken one of my vital principles: "I will not eat any ready to eat food that comes out of a tin". And here I am, eating Peppa Pig shaped pasta for the third time this week. Yuck.

I’m not sure when I will have my kitchen back. At the moment is sitting in my living room, getting dusted. I’m not sure if this will be the end of this blog. Maybe this is the beginning of a new age. I may change the name of the blog to “the microwaveivorous”.


In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this week’s recipe, which is in fact last week’s. A simple, easy and delicious one that you will be able to make in minutes… if you are lucky enough to have a kitchen.

WHAT YOU NEED

1 All Butter Puff Pastry Roll
2 Red Apples
1 Lime
50gr of your favourite Jam
4tbsp Water
Icing Sugar



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat the oven to 200C.

Cut the apple in 4 halves and then chop into thin slices. Put in a bowl, squeeze the lime and microwave for 1.5 minutes. Set aside.


In a small bowl, mix the jam with the water and microwave for 30 seconds.

Unroll the puff pastry, cut in long strips and paint with the jam mixture.


Put the apple slices across one side of the strips and fold the pastry. Roll up the pastry making a rose. Put carefully in a cupcake oven tin and bake for 20 minutes.





Finally, sprinkle some icing sugar and serve warm or cold.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter will love this recipe!
    ...
    I still didn't make lemond curd!
    What a misused kitchen I have...

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.