Pages

Pineapple Baked Puddings

Friday 17 June 2016

Last Sunday was my birthday. 

That means I´m 35 years old now. Thirty-five! It does look like it was yesterday when I laughed about these really really really old 35 year old´s.... and now look at me, blowing a number 3 and 5 shaped candles!

I am in that age when people cannot really guess your age. When I´m asked, how old are you? I respond with the evil question, how old do you think I am?



After rolling up their eyes a couple of times, and with quite a forced smile people say their guess. Twenty-eight? Thirty-nine? Sixteen? Sometimes I wonder if they´re trying to guess my mental age...

But I must admit that for sometime now I feel ageless. Sometimes older, sometimes younger depending on how I´m feeling. Age is just a number with no meaning whatsoever. Not even how long you´ve lived for, because you may have wasted some of your life at some point in some cases, or made the most of a period of time in another.


On Sunday I had an amazing day with a party, personalised apron, heart shaped pinata, colouring books and pencils..... hold on a sec.... I wondering whether I´m adding years up or down? You see? Just a number.

Anyway, it was a cracking day, with the best of pressies, my sister, who came all the way from Spain to be with me on my birthday.


Thanks a lot for all your cards, gifts, calls, messages and visits. And above all for all the love I did receiv during the day.

I really look forward to another year more (or less!).

To celebrate, I treated myself (and my family) to these pineapple baked puddings. A really fluffy dessert that is perfect for any birthday party!


WHAT YOU NEED

350gr Fresh Pineapple
50gr Grated Coconut
1 Lime, zest and juice
Fresh Mint
2 Free Range Eggs
100gr Unsalted Butter
150gr Sugar
150gr Spelt Flour



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat the oven to 180C.

In a deep bowl, mix the eggs with the butter until well combined. Then add the sugar and mix again.

Put the pineapple, lime juice and 2 or 3 leaves of fresh mint in a food processor. Blend together and add to the mixture. Add the coconut and mix well.


Finally, add the spelt flour, lime zest and baking soda and combine.

Spoon the mixture into ramekins or strong paper cups and bake for 35 minutes until the puddings are well risen.


Let the puddings cold down completely, decorate with coconut and mint, serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.