Pages

Kiwi Chia Pudding

Friday 7 April 2017

It's finally happened.

After 2 years at preeschool and 3 at school, we finally have experienced the joys of head lice. The day I discovered that my eldest's head was covered in nasty eggs, I was really tempted to burn the bedclothes and towels and disinfect the entire house.


Now, after combing him, and myself, and my husband, and my youngest one for over a week, I am tempted to say we've finally won the battle.
However, there is something I've been thinking about quite a lot - nit etiquette. Am I supposed to tell everybody I meet? "Hey, nice to meet you. By the way, I'd keep the distances". Feel like a social pariah already.


With all the combing, I have not had a lot of time to cook, so I've ended up thinking on recipes I could do in advance and use as needed. As this  Kiwi Chia Pudding, which is made with almond milk, kiwi fruit and honey. It is a great option for a healthy breakfast or a snack in the afternoon.



WHAT YOU NEED

3tbsp chia seeds
1cup Almond Milk
2tbsp Honey
1tsp Vanilla Seeds
3 Kiwis 

Berries to top



WHAT YOU DO

In a medium bowl, combine the chia seeds and almond milk together and stir very well to avoid any chunks.


Add the honey and vanilla seeds and mix thoroughly. Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.

When the pudding is ready to be served, puree the kiwi in a food processor and mix with the chia seeds together.

Pour the chia pudding onto small cups and top the with fresh kiwi and dried or fresh berries.


1 comment:

  1. It has been my "energetic breakfast", and was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.