Pages

Autumn Ice Cream and the Questions Game

Friday 22 November 2013

Ice cream is not just for summer. Cannot understand why the big ice cream producers don’t see the all year round ice cream gold mine. Honestly.


NOTE FOR ALL THOSE OLD FASHIONED ICE CREAM PRODUCERS: please revise your business plans!! You’re losing money!!!!

Have you ever tried to buy ice cream in winter? They’re obviously the summer leftovers: hard and covered by ice. But you buy it. Because you REALLY need ice cream.


Since all this jam madness started I've been reading a lot about how to be a (good) blogger. There are  people out there with and amazing facility to put their thoughts into words . It is not my case.

Every week I spend a lot of time writing, deleting, amending and writing again each post I publish with the hope that if someone apart from my mum reads the blog. I even have some tiny helpers that check my spelling. The fact that my mum doesn't speak a single word in English doesn't help. Ich.

In one of the “how to” tutorials I've found, it is suggested to “introduce yourself to the audience”.


As my mum already knows me and you (whoever you are, if there’s any of you there) won’t probably be interested in knowing anything about my mundane existence, I've decided to reveal some of my most personal secrets in 10 awkward questions.

1. What is your favourite smells? Fresh cut grass!

2. What is the most embarrassing CD you have ever bought? Not Me, by Glenn Medeiros. Yes, nothing is gonna change my love for you. WOW. Goose bumps.

3. A film you would never reveal you've cried with? Junior, with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Could never imagine a demolition man could be that sweet and cute. Yes, that’s what hormones cause in a human being.

4. During your teens, which subculture would you consider yourself to have been a member of? Grunge, from top to toe. I still have my Doc Martens :) and Kurt Cobain is not dead.

5. What was the last lie you said? Hmmm... I don't tell  lies... (maybe this one).

6. If you could have a drink with someone from history, who would it be? Probably Jack Daniels. If you’re going to do something, do it properly.

7. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Marty McFly.

8. 3 Songs included on the soundtrack to your life? The time of my life, Smells like a teen spirit, Stairway to heaven

9. What’s the best/worst gift you've ever given/received? A Mariachi costume. Was my 11th years Christmas gift. Cannot think why mum thought it was a good idea. Because it wasn’t. 

10. What would be your superpower? Teleportation is the only thing I wish in life.

I’m sure by now you have guessed what is this week’s recipe. Yes, home-made ice cream. Soft, tender and delicious ice cream you will be able to make in just 10 minutes and enjoy all year round (Go suck a lemon, ice cream producers!!! Now WE ALL have the power!)

In addition, just to prove to myself just my mum reads this, I'll answer any question (of any type) posted in the comments. :)


WHAT DO YOU NEED

4 Eggs separated
62gr Castor Sugar plus another 62gr
2 Vanilla pods
300ml Double Cream

1 Vanilla and Cherry jam jar


WHAT DO YOU DO

In one bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks.


Gradually add first lot of sugar one tablespoon at a time.


Beat until dissolves, then add next spoon.

In another bowl, beat egg yolks and second amount of sugar until thick and pale. Add vanilla.




Gently pour egg yolk into whites, preferably using a spatula.

Beat cream in another bowl until thick and fold into mixture.

Freeze for 2-3 hours.

P.D. How difficult is to take pictures to an ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. First comment (no, I am not your mother). Wouldn´t be better or easier to mix the egg yolks with sugar until white and foamy and then add them to the egg whites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH DEAR!! I HAVE A READER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks!

    Hmmm... I believe that's what I've done...Separate the whites from the yolks, beat the whites with half of the sugar and then the yolks with the other half and mix up everything together. Then add the cream.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a "general comment": I love how your blog is getting closer to be a proper diary (as a Blog must to be) of your life, or your thoughts about life, with recipes at the end of each chapter... Is a mix between "Bridget Jones's Diary" and "Like Water for Chocolate".

    ...And the home-made ice cream was amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment and your "review". Thanks for be there. Every day. Every minute. Every second.

    Thanks.

    As per the ice cream... Indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.