Pages

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie

Friday 4 March 2016

I have a massive issue.

Some weeks ago I changed job and now in my new office THE FOOD IS FREE. And to make matters even worse EVERYTHING IS DELICIOUS.

So this situation is having a massive impact in my blog and in my wardrobe.



In my blog because now I don't have to cook that much. But as I still love doing it, I'm basically making cakes, biscuits, and all sorts of chocolatey snacks.

In my wardrobe because I desperately need to go shopping for clothes that will fit my enhanced body.

On the good side, there is also a gym. So I'm trying to balance the humongous amounts of food I'm eating with doing some exercise. And I've started cycling to work!!

So it looks like eating cake is not that bad after all.


This week's recipe is, of course, a massive cake. The kind of cake you will eat regardless of how hungry you are. The kind of cake that someone would need to hide from you. The kind of cake that you won't let cold down before eating.

Well, I think you can figure it out now...

WHAT YOU NEED

For the Brownie

4ounces Chocolate
1cup Unsalted Butter
2cups Golden Sugar
4 Free Range Eggs
2tsp Vanilla Extract
1cup Plain Flour

For the Cookie Dough

¾cup Unsalted Butter
¾cup Golden
3tbsp Milk
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1½cups Plain Flour
1½cups Chocolate Chips



WHAT YOU DO

We´ll start preparing the brownies.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in the melted chocolate until combined. Then, add the flour and mix just until combined (don't over-mix). Spread the batter into a greased oven proof baking tin. Bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


We will now prepare the cookie dough.

In a medium bowl, mix the butter with the sugar. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Then, add the flour just until combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.


Spread the cookie dough over the brownie. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let cold down completely. 

Serve... or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.