Pages

Hazelnut Coated Eggs with Oven Roasted Bacon Rashers

Friday 24 January 2014

How difficult is sometimes to guess what our heart is trying to tell us. Quite often our lives are too busy trying to meet all those obligations we have, in most cases, self-imposed.


Tasks that quite often we are not keen to do. That doesn't make us happier. That steal our time to do what we really would like.


A couple of days ago someone asked me what "The Tiny Marmalade" has that make me feel so happy. The Tiny Marmalade is where I can be myself and let my soul fly free. I where I can work for hours without feeling tired, with no pressure. Is a way to create crazy recipes, take quirky pictures, meet amazing people and explore the world. Is something that lend me learn and grow.


Is a way to show who I am and what I can do.

Is a little treasure that just makes me feel happy. At the end of the day, that's what this is all about, no?

This week I have had so much fun organizing a little giveaway in our Facebook profile and launching the Be My Valentine Marmalade, so I've cooked something I saw a while ago in one of the thousands of cook books I have "Hola, Cocina".



WHAT DO YOU NEED

4 Free Range Eggs
100 gr Hazelnuts
50 ml Hazelnut Oil
250 gr Bacon Rashers



WHAT DO YOU DO

Grind the hazelnuts until reduced almost to dust. Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 220º.

Cover an oven tray with baking paper and place the bacon rashers. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is crunchy.


Boil the eggs for about 7 minutes and let cool in cold water. Remove shells carefully and gently spread with hazelnut oil. Coat with the ground hazelnuts and place them in egg cups.




































Decorate the eggs with the bacon and serve.


2 comments:

  1. Quick, easy and very tasty recipe. And I'm glad that "the tiny Marmalade" makes you so happy. Keep on surprising us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, your support and for being as you are. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.