Pages

Tiramisu

Friday 19 September 2014

Things are getting out of hand.

The whole marmalade thing is really affecting me. It is affecting my husband. It is even affecting my neighbours.

But even more worrying... I believe it is deeply affecting my sons.


While I'm writing this they are playing... how to express this... well, they are playing jam-battle. Literally they are playing a game where one of them shoots jam at the other one, then the first one does a somersault, and then the first one in getting up again wins. Eek.


There are some other games following this trend. For example, they play doctors: one gets terribly ill and the other saves him by giving him an extra doses of jam. Or scientist: they both invent the most amazing jams, with super amazing properties, in their super-secret laboratory. Even in superhero land they save the world by, obviously, trapping the baddy in jam.


Yes, I know what you are thinking. It´s my fault. It is all my fault. And this is something that needs to stop. For the sake of their mental health.

Sat around the table for dinner as any absolutely normal family, the conversation keeps on turning around the jam. At some point, the conversation goes as follows:

“But I don’t want to be among mad people.” I said to my husband.

"Oh, you can’t help that," he said "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

"How do you know I’m mad?" I replied.

"You must be," said my eldest, "or you wouldn't have come here.”


Then my youngest asks what’s for dessert. Then I arrange my blue dress, finish my cup of “drink me” tea, and pick a bowl of tiramisu from the fridge. Then I turned and added: contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.

Isn't it?


WHAT DO YOU NEED

1/2L Black Strong Coffee
1cup Amaretto 
500gr Sponge Cake
500gr Mascarpone Cheese
100gr Flaked Almonds
100gr Dark Cocoa Powder
100gr Digestive Biscuits
4 Eggs
150gr Sugar



WHAT DO YOU DO

First of all, you prepare a strong fresh coffee. Add the Amaretto liquor and set aside to cold up.

Separate the egg yolks from the white. Put the yolks in a bowl and mix with the sugar, mixing until the mixture forms a pale fluffy mousse. Softly add the mascarpone and mix until smooth.

In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Then fold this into the mascarpone mixture and leave it to one side.


Mash the digestive biscuits and cover the bottom of the dish we are going to use to serve the tiramisu. Place a thin layer of mascarpone cream. Sprinkle some dark cocoa.


Cut the sponges and cover the mascarpone. Pour a good amount of coffee and amaretto over the cake. Tip: the sponges will absorb the liquid quite quickly, be careful not to pour too much coffee so the cakes will be “floating” on it.


Add another layer of mascarpone cream and one more layer of cake. Remember to sprinkle some cocoa on top of each mascarpone layer.

Finally, sprinkle some flaked almonds on top.

Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.

Serve cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.