Pages

Portobello Mushrooms

Friday 24 October 2014

We have inherited a piano. Well, it is not a proper inheritance. Is a temporary inheritance.

Our neighbours next door have moved house. They had a piano. He had a piano, but it was she who used to play it. And their lovely boy. 

They have moved and we miss them. It was nice to have such a great people living next door. And their cat, who used to welcome me home from work every day. Their cat  name is Tiberius, now you can guess the kind of amazing people they are.




It is weird how sometimes things that seem to be “as they are” suddenly change and make your life wobble. And it is even more weird because we meet them by chance, and now it seems that we are a bit more lonely without them.

Maybe because we don’t have any family around, and they were a bit like our family.

In their new house, there is no space for a piano. So they decided that we were a good family for it.

I have a stormy relationship with music. I love it. My dad loved it as well. So at 6 years old I started in the school of music. At the very beginning I loved it, but as I passed grades, it become more and more demanding. Until the point that I was literally living there: music theory, singing, guitar, flute. I had no life but music lessons. By this time, practicing was a must and there were no enjoyment at all in any of these activities. So as soon as I achieved the elementary level, I decided not to continue.


A bit later on, in my 20’s, I decided to try again, this time with a guitar and in a much more relaxed way. And I rediscovered my love for music. However, due to circumstances I had to stop.

Now we have a piano in our living room. And although I can feel the pressure, I really fancy giving it a go. Maybe because I can see myself in the future playing Christmas Carols around the piano with a nice fire in the fireplace and a turkey roasting in the oven.

Well, yes, I’ve watched far too many American movies.


Anyway, the kids seem to love it, so we have arranged for an instructor to come once a week and show them how to play it. In a funny, enjoyable and relaxed way. And just for 20 minutes.

This week’s recipe has nothing to do with pianos. It is a healthy and quick recipe which will make a nice side or starter. See? I told you. Nothing to do with pianos.


WHAT DO YOU NEED

5/6 Big Size Mushrooms
2 Leeks
250gr Cured Ham or Bacon
150gr Grated Cheddar
4tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste



WHAT DO YOU DO

Preheat the oven to 180C.

Clean the mushrooms with fresh running water and remove the stalks. Dry them up with some kitchen paper. Set aside.

In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and cook the leaks cut in julienne until soft and brown. Then add the ham and season with salt and pepper to taste.


Cover an oven try with baking paper and put the mushrooms upside down. Brush some olive oil.

Fill each mushroom with the leaks and ham and cover with the grated cheese.

Bake for around 10 minutes and serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.