Pages

Irish Cream Crème Brûlée

Friday 2 January 2015

I love lists.

Lists help us to sketch the future and chronicle the past, and they provide order to the chaos in this world. I indeed feel much more peaceful with myself when I’ve got a few lists going.


I do lists for almost everything: what to shop, what to take on our holidays, books I would like to read, things I’ve lent, who to invite to the kid’s birthdays, etc. But I also like to do stupid useless lists of things just for pleasure: names I like, places I would like to visit, possible titles for a best seller, things to do before I die, playlist when you are in love, list of collections I would like to start, words that are hard to spell, and the list of lists goes to infinity and beyond.
Lists work for me. And they do for all sort of purposes: planning, self-discovery, organising and agreeing.

I like to stick post-it all around the house with lists: things to buy, chores to do. I even have a book! My Future Listography. I have Amazon, Ebay and Etsy wish lists. I have Pinterest boards with loads of lists of projects I would like to go through. I scribble lists everywhere: at the back of the receipts, in used envelopes, in my hand, in my calendar.


When something is not working at home, we all sit together and write down a list with things we could do, then we pin it in the kitchen board and things go much better afterwards.

So basically I not only love lists, but I also need them for peace of mind.

I’ve recently discovered Moorea Seal, a truly inspirational blogger from the other side of the ocean. Back in 2013 she started the 52 ListsProject. She basically designed 52 list themes to be printed, filled and shared through the year by her readers. List such as “words that touch your soul”, “things you are grateful for”, “people you admire” are just a example of what you could find in this great project.

I’m definitely up for this. So no New Year’s Resolutions for 2015, but a lot of inspiring, encouraging, promising lists.


Over 2015 I'll publish a list every last Friday of the month. Anybody willing to join the challenge? You can download all the 12 list here.

This week's recipe has been in my list of "recipes to try" for years. Well, what a better way to start 2015 than doing it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!


WHAT YOU NEED

200ml Full Fat Milk
100ml Extra thick Cream (such as clotted cream)
100ml Irish Cream (such as Baileys)
150g Sugar
6 Free-range egg yolks



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat the oven to 160C.


Stir the milk and the cream together in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until very hot, stirring until combined. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until white and smooth. Slowly add the hot cream whisking until incorporated. Bring to boil and add the irish cream stiring continuously until thickened.

Pour custard into the ramekins.

Fill a roasting tin with boiling hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in preheated oven for around 25-30 minutes or until set.



Allow to cool to room temperature out of the oven for at least 1 hour. Then, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar onto each ramekin. Gently shake the ramekins so the sugar coats the entire top surface.

Place the ramekins for 2-3 minutes under the grill until the sugar turns to brown caramel.

Let cold up to room temperature and then keep in the fridge until serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.