Pages

Marble Mini Loaves

Friday 6 March 2015

Technology I hate you. I abhor you so much that I going to blog it. To tweet it. To Facebook it. I am even going to gloogleplus it. Whatever that is. To let everyone know how deep my hate is.

I thought I could rely on you. I really did. I entrusted you my best kept secrets. We were together in the good times, as when you showed me that photography digital edition could be a 5 minutes job. Also in the bad ones, as when someone thought that giving me a Windows 7 mobile was a good idea.

I can still remember with excitement that day I discovered I could write "BOOBIES" in a calculator. I felt amazingly successful. The world was my oyster.



Since that day, I have been letting you be part of my life. One day after another after another. And yes, let´s face it now. It hasn´t been easy. I have moaned about you a lot of times, I have complained. I have restarted. I have upgraded. I have updated. And I have  even unplugged without safely disconnecting firstly. This is the kind of person I am. I have said you are useless, slow, painful, limited. Maybe more times that I would have liked to. But, listen, I have never ever let you down.

Just four months ago I bought my brand new external hard drive. I even named it, my sweet 1TB bottomless. My little water proof shock resistant military gadget. My amazingly expensive friend. And you, suddenly, without reason whatsoever and just when I needed you the most, let me on my own. Speechless. Heartbroken. Taking with you all these things that were so important. All my pictures. My files. My memories.


I have been trying to fix you unceasingly. I have been trying really hard not to give up, despite trying with 5 different cables and in 6 different computers. But I can´t cope with this feeling any more. It is so disappointing. Your indifference is absolutely infuriating. Me, begging you to work at least one more time. You, ignoring me completely. And all I want now is to smash you with a hammer. One of those massively big ACME hammers.


Because I relied on you, and I did it so so much that I didn´t do a back up copy. Shame on me. But hey, that´s what trust is all about. But now I can see how blind I was.

And here I am. Trying to find alternatives while I miss you desperately. Dropbox, Googledrive. They are just substitutes, replacements, clumsy copies of what you were.


This week`s recipe is a revenge. Yes, because I haven´t downloaded the yummy pictures onto you. And I haven´t even let you have a draft copy of the recipe. So you will never know that these mini loaves melt in your mouth. That they are so soft and lovely you can´t stop eating them. But then you look at me again with your infinite indifference.

 Technology doesn´t eat cakes.



WHAT YOU NEED

 225gr Cornflour
150gr Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
1 Yogurt
1 Free Range Egg
1 Vanilla Pod
2 Dark Chocolate Cooking Bars
90gr Butter (melted)

Mini Loaves Paper Cases



WHAT YOU DO


Preheat the oven to 200C

In a deep bowl mix the egg, yoghurt and butter. Add the sugar and whisk.

Mix the cornflour with the baking powder and sieve adding it to the dough.

Divide the mixture in 2 bowls. Add the vanilla seeds to one of them.


Melt the chocolate and add it to the other one.

Stir one spoon of each mixture into the cases. With the help of a toothpick combine slightly.


Bake for 25 minutes.

Let cold up and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by this posting..........Is the Cornflour the only 'Flour' in this recipe, if so, what gives the mini loaves their structure, as normally you would need gluten to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave! To be perfectly honest, it was the first time I baked something with cornflour, and yes, I only used cornflour and not any other flour. Then I added a teaspoon of baking powder. They didn´t raise much, but the texture was soft and spongy. If you try it, please let me know! I may try to bake something else with cornflour to see what happens....

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.