Pages

Roasted Baby Summer Vegetables

Friday 17 July 2015

I have to admit that I have always felt massively attracted by miniature versions of normal things. Miniature doll house furniture, miniature perfume bottles, babies, kittens and of course miniature jam jars. When I see a miniature I normally shout in an emotional outburst.... HOW CUTE IS THIS!?

Well, not always always. There are situations where big is certainly better... I believe this blog is really wrecking my reputation.

Anyway, I find miniature things so cute and fascinating that I even have a Pinterest board!



We all have things we love for no real reason. And this is because everyone needs at least one obsession for something completely irrational. I think it is also recommendable to love something silly just so. 
When I saw these little vegetables I felt inevitably in love. Seriously, how could anyone not love these mini-courgettes? Look at them!! They are adorable! I think baby vegetables are charming.


So last week when I went to my supermarket and saw those mini versions of normal but highly overpriced vegetables ... I just could not stop myself. They had to be mine!!!!

They were so extremely absolutely cute and small, were so perfectly formed copies of big fat normal vegetables, that I bought them despite being their price not particularly tiny.


And after shouting "how cute is this!" several times while strolling them through the supermarket completely overexcited, I paid for them feeling awkwardly proud to be their legitimate owner.

Then I took them home and prepared this easy but super cute recipe that everyone will love.


WHAT YOU NEED

Baby Courgettes
Baby Carrots
Baby Leaks
Baby Asparagus
Any other mini vegetable you can find
Almond flakes

For the vinaigrette

1cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2tbsp Modena Vinegar
4/5 Green Olives



WHAT YOU DO

Once you've finished showing your mini vegetables to your family and friends, posting a couple of pictures of them in Facebook and shouting at least 3 times "how cute they are!", wash and cut them in halves.


Pre-heat the oven to 180C.

Put the vegetables in an oven proof tray, mixing them throughout.

To prepare the vinaigrette, blend together all the ingredients and drizzle over the vegetables. There is no need to use salt, as the olives are salty enough.


Sprinkle some almond flakes on top and bake for 15 minutes.

Serve warm and try not to cry after you eat the most cute and lovely vegetable dish ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.