Pages

Sundried Tomatoes & Chia Seeds Spelt Bread

Friday 25 March 2016

If I was told that I must pick one single food to live on for the rest of my days it would be, without a doubt, bread. I could live on bread alone. Well, I could certainly do with a little bit of stilton and red wine as well. But if it has to be just one thing, then it will be bread.

Bread is beautiful. I love it from crust to crumb. It is amazing the humongous range of colours, flavours and textures you can get by just mixing water and flour. I’m fascinated about the magical process that turns these two humble ingredients into heavenly food.



Baking homemade bread is one of the most relaxing and satisfying things for me in the kitchen. I love the smell of the yeasted dough, how it feels in my hands while I knead it, seeing it raise, watching it puff in the oven, and then slicing through a crust, then through a wonderful crumb, and taking that first warm bite. I love everything about the process, and could easily bake and eat and bake and eat bread over and over again.



I also love sharing what I bake.  I love treating my friends with a freshly baked loaf and bringing bread to family dinners. People don't often get fresh baked bread these days and it is really a treat when you show up with a fresh baked loaf of bread.



There is even a research that suggest that smelling freshly baked bread makes us more generous and kinder.

Whole grain breads are my favourite. They are easy, light and good for your body and soul. Fresh baked breads should be a must in every household.  
This recipes was a sort of experiment that has turned into an amazing bread that is just so amazingly tasty and nice that you would eat it just by itself. Well, or why not with a bit of cheese and red wine.

Happy baking!


WHAT YOU NEED

1.5cup Spelt Flour
1cup Almond Flour
1cup Buttermilk
1tsp Baking Soda
1cup Sundried Tomatoes
1/2cup Chia Seeds



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat oven to 200C.

In a deep bowl, mix spelt flour, almond flour and chia seeds. Add buttermilk and mix until combined. Then add the sundried tomatoes.




Make 1 big ball or 2 small balls and place in a lined ovenproof tray. With a knife, make two deep cuts in the dough as in the picture.



Bake for around 25mins.


Serve warm and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.