Pages

It-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named Pasty

Friday 4 October 2013

When I firstly made the Apple and Courgette jam, and I gave it to try to my "quality control board" formed by my 2 years old, my 4 years old and my 34 years old. The unanimous question was:

Is it more applely or more courgetty?

What?

If it´s more courgetty... or more applely....


Kids have the ability of the unnexpected.



 I normally need to hide any jam from them. But this time I made a mistake. The word courgette.

C - O - U - R - G - E - T - T - E

Oh, dear. That magic word.

Are you trying to finish something important and the kids are asking you for the meaning of life? Do you need to go to the loo and they want you to look for fairies  Don´t worry. Say the magic word "courgette" and they will dissapear in seconds.

But I never give up. And this is how this recipe was born.



WHAT DO YOU NEED?

To make around 8 pasties you´ll need...

3 Courgettes
100gr of Chestnut Mushrooms
1 Puff Pastry roll
50gr. Pumpkin Seeds
100gr Mature Cheddar
1 Free Range Egg
1/2 glass of white wine
Salt, Pepper and Rosemary to taste
2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Apple and Courgette jam jar.

 WHAT DO YOU DO?

Preheat your oven to 200 ÂșC,

Warm up the olive oil in a large pan. Chop the courgettes and the mushrooms and stir fry them with the salt, pepper and rosemary. When soft and tender, add the pumpkin seeds. Let the vegetables cool down.



Cut the puff pastry in circles. Tip: I used a wonderful dumpling maker I received as a gift a long time ago, but you can use a cookie cutter or a glass.


Put a portion of the mixture in the center, add a cheese cube and some jam. Wrap the pastry and seal the border with the help of a fork.


Place all the pastries in a oven tray covered with baking paper and brush them with the beated egg. This will give them a lovely shinny finish.



 Put the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.


I need to say, my kids ate all of them, and asked me for more. And only then I did confess there were  It-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named on them. Lots and lots. See, you were going to love them I-told-you

Yes. I´m this kind of mum.

(Ha, Ha, Ha)

2 comments:

  1. They're more pasties than dumplings, but they look (and probably taste) amazing! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment and good point with the pasties! I may have lost in translation... :)

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.