Pages

Roasted Pears with Cottage Cheese, Raspberries and Dark Chocolate

Friday 28 March 2014

I’m sure most of you would have already realized I’m an oven cooking fanatic. Magic things happen in an oven. Food can changes its colour, taste, appearance, texture. Food can raises, melts, gets soft or crunchy.  


When I cook I feel like a scientist. Because cooking is all about chemistry. Quantities, temperatures, times. I love to try out new things and watch what’s going on inside the oven sat in the kitchen floor. Enjoying with the roasted aroma getting stronger while the oven heat keeps me warm and cosy.

We normally do our weekly shopping over the weekend. That means me running through the aisles chasing 2 toddlers while pushing a really heavy trolley in a busy supermarket. But even so, I must admit I love to do my grocery shopping. I have an awkward obsession when I’m in a supermarket.


It doesn't matter how big it is or if I only need some bits and bobs… I need to start at the beginning and finish at the end, touring one by one of the aisles. I really do.

I’m quite organised, going aisle by aisle with my shopping list trying to stick to our weekly budget. Last weekend something really weird happened.


I picked everything we needed, managed to take out the trolley all the chocolate, sweets and biscuits the kids had thrown, paid, put the bags in the boot of the car and went home.

And then I realized I have bought around 5 bags of pears. Yes, this kind of things happen. Pears, pears, pears everywhere so I needed to do something with them. And then I discovered this recipe from Chicho’s Kitchen which I adapted to my own taste and the ingredients I had in the fridge.


The result… simply gorgeous. The roasted pears taste incredibly sweet combined with the cottage cheese. The bits of tart raspberries burst with flavour that melt in your mouth. The chocolate flakes add a luscious final touch. A different dessert that will be ready in minutes.

WHAT DO YOU NEED

4 Pears (or more if you have bought them as if there were no tomorrow)
200gr Cottage Cheese
3tbs Condensed Milk
Dark Chocolate Flakes to taste
A handful of raspberries



WHAT DO YOU DO
               
Preheat your oven to 180ºC

Wash the pears and slice them lengthwise into halves. Remove the core and seeds from each pear, leaving a round well for the filling. Bake them for around 20 mins until golden brown.


In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese with the condensed milk. Fill each pear with the mixture, add the chocolate flakes and garnish with the raspberries.



Serve immediately.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.