Pages

Full English Breakfast Quiche

Friday 24 June 2016

Oh dear, I am going to write something about the EU Referendum.

Well, to be honest I'm actually not. By the way, I didn't vote yesterday. Not because I didn't want to, but because I was not allowed to. So don't ask me what did I vote.


What would I have voted if I would have been given the opportunity? That's another matter.

Everyone I've asked has openly told me they've voted "leave". The main reason? Immigration. When the obvious has become apparent (that I'm an immigrant) I've been told with wobbly voice “It’s not about people like you, it’s the others.”

Nice.


Yesterday I was not allowed to vote. Tomorrow, I may not be allowed to stay.


Just in case, here it goes my last full English breakfast. In a takeaway version.

WHAT YOU NEED

1 Shortcrust Pastry Roll
6 Free Range Eggs
8 Cherry Tomatoes
3 Sausages
3 Mushrooms
100gr Baked Beans
150gr Bacon
150gr Double Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste



WHAT YOU DO

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.

In a deep bowl mix 3 eggs with the cream until well combined. Add the baked beans and whisk again. Finally dice the bacon and mushroom and add to the mixture.


Cook the sausages in a frying pan and set aside.

Unroll the pastry and put it in an oven proof round tin. Carefully trim off the excess pastry using a small sharp knife. Line pastry with baking paper and add baking beans to weigh it down. Bake for 15 mins. Then carefully remove the paper and beans and cook the pastry for 5 mins more.


Remove the pastry from the over and pour the egg mixture. Add the cherry tomatoes in halves, sausages cut in thick chunks and the 3 remaining eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.

Serve hot and enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Such an honest and poignant post, thank you. I, like you, couldn't vote. I too am an immigrant and a UK resident for almost 30 years, working, paying taxes, volunteering time, energy and money to charitable causes, raising a family, etc., but not a citizen. I recognise all too well how easy it is for many people to say the faceless word 'immigrant', and how ignorant, thoughtless, hurtful and unhelpful to all it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot. I indeed feel a citizen, but a piece of paper says otherwise and this made up circumstance may lead to me and my family pushed to leave what we feel as our home. Only time will tell what this means for us all, citizens or not. On the good side, it's unbelievable the amount of people that today has hugged me, held my hands, looked at my eyes and said "I'm sorry".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to be in the 48%. It's all so sad, what a slippery slope we are on.

    BUT that quiche looks divine, I'm almost looking forward to my next hangover so I can cure it with that deliciousness!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sally! I believe the worse for me is the uncertainty of what's going to happen with us....

    But the quiche is divine indeed!!! :) Let me know if you make it!

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.